The Architectural Project Manager is responsible for all phases of design and construction of projects from beginning to completion, while performing a supervisory role in assigning and reviewing the work of other team members.
- Oversight of the assistant project manager, project architect and design/drafting team during the preparation of coordinated documents from design through to documentation and construction administration
- Review and develop construction plans requested by the client
- Analyze and estimate project cost for labor, equipment, and material
- Monitor progress of all construction phases in compliance with building plans and deadlines
- Correspond with clients, vendors, consultants, building departments, landlords, construction team and other personnel involved in projects and function as the day-to-day client contact
- Review and research state and local code compliances
- Prepare reports and presentations for client meetings
- Execute site surveys as needed
- Work closely with the project architect and senior interior designer to establish and maintain project goals and quality
- Design management of project schedule, including all major and minor project milestones; ensure that all milestones are met
- Develop, track and update project staffing and workplan; track and manage the project budget and fees
- Analysis and oversight of the scope of work pertaining to governing codes, and other applicable national standards
- Ensure compliance with project standards, protocols, and guidelines
- Collaborate with client cost estimators for our scope of work
- Prepare, manage, and track contracts and invoices for the project
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Senior Project Manager/Studio Director/Director of Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a Project Manager similar position in an architecture firm
- Minimum 5 years of architectural experience in retail, hospitality, workplace, and/or entertainment markets
- Ability to interpret construction data, engineering calculations and drawings
- Experience drafting retail or commercial construction documents preferred
- Proficient knowledge of building codes and standards, design techniques, tools, and principles needed to produce well-coordinated technical documents
- Proficiency in AutoCAD with strong 3D design skills required, with working knowledge of Revit Experience managing projects utilizing the BIM design and documentation platform
- Proficiency in the use of project management and production software and tools including Microsoft Project, Excel, and Word.
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients
- Ability to lead and motivate diverse teams in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects with diligence and commitment
- Strong time and people management skills, with the ability work effectively under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate with in-house team members
- Must be able to travel on as needed basis
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Time management skills
- Problem resolution skills
- Communication skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Supervisory skills
This is a supervisory position. This role will work collaboratively with positions in the same or different department.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position with 40 hours of work or more. Days and hours of work are the normal business hours from Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Ability to work extra hours over 40 hours per week is a requirement of the job to meet business needs. May have to work outside normal business hours or on weekends as needed.
Some travel is expected for this position.